Frequently asked questions - Foreign diploma
16 questions and answers on Foreign diploma
- What is a validated or certified copy?
- Where can I find information about what exactly I should do and when?
- Why do foreign diplomas have to be recognised? What are the characteristics of the Dutch courses?
- What are the characteristics of the Dutch courses?
- I have a non-European diploma that is recognised in Europe. What is the next step?
- Which documents are needed for my application?
- Why is the Dutch language important?
- Do I have to take tests in connection with my application?
- Do I have to submit an application if I also want my specialism to be recognised?
- What does the Commission for Foreign Healthcare Graduates [Commissie Buitenslands Gediplomeerden Volksgezondheid] (CBGV) do?
- Am I allowed to work in my profession if I do not yet have recognition and a BIG registration?
- Recognition as a nurse, as a carer, or perhaps both?
- Which diploma is needed in the case of psychotherapists, healthcare psychologists and medical physicists?
- Which changes do I have to submit if I have already started an application?
- Do I have to apply for recognition as an oral hygienist or as a registered oral hygienist?
- How do I check a statement’s digital certificate of authenticity?