30 documents

Enter search criteria

Fill in keyword(s) to narrow your search.

Period from

Enter a start and/or end date here, using the following format: DD-MM-YYYY.

You can select a specific type of a document or publication you are looking for, such as press releases or speeches.

Sort by: Date / Relevance

How can I get a doctor's certificate legalised?

A doctor’s certificate for essential medicines to take abroad can be legalised by CAK. Other declarations can be legalised ...

Frequently asked questions

What should I do with a complaint about a healthcare professional?

If you are unhappy about the treatment, you should first talk to your healthcare provider. On this page you also find information ...

Frequently asked questions

Why is it useful to check the BIG-register?

The BIG-register shows you whether a healthcare professional is licensed to practice according to Dutch quality standards.

Frequently asked questions

How do I search the BIG-register?

You can easily find a healthcare professional in the BIG-register by using the Search function on our website. You can also call ...

Frequently asked questions

What does 'BIG' mean?

The Individual Healthcare Professions Act (BIG Act) regulates the qualification of healthcare professionals to practice in the ...

Frequently asked questions

What is a validated copy?

A validated copy is a copy with an original stamp and signature or initial from the programme concerned or from a notary within ...

Frequently asked questions

Do I need to inform the BIG-register of a change of address?

If you live in the Netherlands you do not need to inform us about a change of address. If you are going to live abroad, send us ...

Frequently asked questions

List of approved diplomas

Check the list of approved diplomas and then consult our online advice wizard to see if you can register directly in the BIG ...

Circular | 03-03-2017

Decree functional autonomy (Besluit functionele zelfstandigheid)

The decree ‘Besluit functionele zelfstandigheid’ states that nurses, denturists and oral hygienists can carry out so-called ...

Regulation | 03-03-2017

Application form exemption BES islands

Do you want to work on Bonaire, St Eustatius or Saba (BES islands) as a doctor, dentist, pharmacist or midwife? Then you will ...

Form | 03-03-2017