For employers

Do you want to hire a healthcare professional from abroad? Always check whether they are registered in the BIG-register or have a recognition from the BIG-register.

The following professionals may only practise their professions independently when they are registered in the BIG-register: dentists, doctors, health psychologists, midwives, nurses pharmacists, physician assistant, physiotherapists, psychotherapists and remedial educationalists. Individuals should apply for their own registration or authorise their employer to apply on their behalf.

Professionals with another medical profession may only work in The Netherlands after they have had their international qualification recognised.

Read more about hiring medical professionals from abroad on our Dutch website.