Certificate of registration

As soon as you have been registered in the BIG-register, you will receive a certificate of registration and your BIG number. You can view your registration in the BIG-register online. Login with your DigiD or BIG login and go to ‘Mijn registratie’.

Employers often ask for a certificate of registration in the BIG-register. Have you misplaced your certificate or given it to another employer? Your employer can easily check your registration online.


  • You do not need a certificate of registration when you want to apply for re-registration;
  • A certificate of registration is not necessary when you want to work abroad. In that case, you will need a Certificate of Professional Status (previously: ‘letter of good standing’). More information about the CCPS (in Dutch);
  • Any questions? Please contact the BIG information line.