For inclusion in the BIG-register the following conditions apply:
- You have a valid diploma;
- You may practise your profession without restrictions or limitations;
- You must not have been placed under guardianship as a result of a physical or mental illness.
If you hold an international qualification you must meet extra requirements.
If you have an international qualification there are additional conditions that depend on:
- the country in which you qualified;
- your nationality;
- the profession for which you are applying.
Read more about the international registration route.
Proof of language proficiency
As a health care professional working in the Netherlands, you are required to have sufficient command of the Dutch language. Therefore, you need proof of your language proficiency to be able to register in the BIG-register. The type of proof you need to provide and the procedure depend on the country where you obtained your diploma.