Certificate of competence

This procedure applies in general to healthcare professionals with a qualification obtained in a non-EU member state or Switzerland. All applicants must take the general knowledge and skills test [AKV-toets]. In addition, doctors, dentists and nurses have to take an additional professional test [BI-toets]. Use the advice wizard to check whether this procedure applies for your application. For certain professions it is only possible to apply for BIG registration after obtaining a certificate of competence.

Last updated on the 21th of december 2021

Step-by-step plan

Read the step-by-step plan on this page carefully before you start the application. You will probably first have to make some other preparations before you can start the application.

Certificate of competence

The steps that make up the procedure are shown below.